Here you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions and learn about Sambole, how to use it, how to stay safe and get in touch with us.
How to post an ad?
Posting an ad on Sambole is quick and easy! Simply click the maroon ‘Post your ad’ button and follow the instructions.
If you are not already logged in, you will need to log in as the first step of posting your ad.
The ad will go live once it has been reviewed (this usually takes less than 3 hour during office hours. Ads that are posted after office hours, will be uploaded within 24hrs after reviewing).
How to delete an ad??
To delete an ad, please go to ‘My Profile’ page and click on My Ads, then click on the “X” icon to delete.
How to edit ads?
To edit an ad, please go to ‘My Profile’ page and click on My Ads, then “Edit” on the relevant ad.
How to change your password?
To set a new password, please log in to your account, go to ‘My Profile’, click on Settings on the left menu.
Click on the Password tab.
You may update your password here.
How long do ads stay on Sambole?
Ads once approved by the moderator, appear for 30 days, unless the advertiser removes them.
If ads can’t be found. What’s wrong?
Tip: you can keep track of your ads easily by logging in to your account and visiting the ‘My Profile’ section.
Why would an ad be rejected?
All of the ads are manually reviewed – if your ad violates the posting rules of the site, it will be rejected. You can check the content of your ad and re-submit.
What are the rules for posting on Sambole?
The following type of ads are not allowed on the site;
- An item or service that is illegal in Sri Lanka
- An item or service that is not located in Sri Lanka
- An invalid phone number or email address
- Offensive language
- Offensive pictures
- Pictures copied from Google, other search engines or image banks
- An unrealistic offer
- Text in the title or description that is not related to the advertised item or service
- Pictures that do not match or clearly show the advertised item or service
- A non-specific item or service, e.g. a description of a company in general terms
- A URL link that is not relevant to the advertised item or service
offers and requests for items or services in the same ad
- The same content as another live ad, or the same content as another ad that was posted within the last 48 hours
- Multiple items in the same ad, unless it is a package deal ‘work from home’ jobs
How to sign up for a user account on Sambole?
Signing up for an account on Sambole is quick, easy and completely free! To sign up, please click on ‘Register or Sign In’ and click ‘register here’. follow the instructions.
Once you have signed up, a link will be sent to your email with instructions on how to verify your email address.
How to log in and log out of an account?
To log in to your account, simply click on ‘Register’ or ‘Sign In’ and enter your email address and password.
To log out of your account, simply click, ‘My Profile’ and then click ‘Log out’.